Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Got it...




Well, after a long search, I finally have a full quarter panel for the passenger side. This is the last piece of the puzzle I need for getting the body repaired. I had to drive to Tulsa, OK to get this. It actually came from Alamogordo, NM. Work out a swap of a loaded 396 '67 Caprice parts car for this quarter, some other '68 parts and some cash my way. The seller also drove to Tulsa where the deal went down and I drove home with my take. It's not perfect, has a few dents but is very rust free and solid. It's actually a full factory replacement panel that looks to have been put on the donor car early in it's life...I'm guessing from an accident? So I hope to get going on the sheet metal work sometime in April. Get'n pumped now to start the real work of saving this bad ass black beauty! I did happen to learn that only 1.33 percent of '68 full size cars were Tuxedo Black so doing a little math I'm figuring that roughly only 25 of the 1778 Z24 cars in '68 were black...not very many and probably very few left. Even though I'll end up financially upside-down on this car, I'm glad I'm making the effort to save it.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Steve , I have a 68 Impala ss and I have the same problem with lower windshield rust . How do you plan on fixing that problem ??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Steve , I have a 68 Impala ss and I have the same problem with lower windshield rust . How do you plan on fixing that problem ??

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a salvage cowl panel from another donor car. Planning to replace that whole panel. The upper dash panel I hope to just patch as need right at the windshield base.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Steve any good advice on finding a full passenger side Quarter Panel I could really use it for my 68 as well

    ReplyDelete